Thursday, December 1, 2011

Surprise Baby Shower

I work with a great group of ladies, and we always get together and celebrate each other's birthdays with cake and cards.  Therefore I thought nothing was out of the ordinary when we all received an email this past week saying that the conference rooms were booked during our usual meeting time and we'd have to celebrate Joyce's birthday at lunch time instead.  Wow, did they fool me!!  I walked into the conference room today to find out that Joyce had delayed her birthday celebration so that they could throw me a surprise baby shower! 

I've never been a fan of walking into a room and suddenly being the center of attention, but it turned out that it wasn't too bad to be surprised.  It helped that there was a big lunch planned and we only had 45 minutes to celebrate... so I opened gifts while everyone enjoyed the food.


One of my coworkers, Lisa, is extremely talented in making cakes (in fact, usually she charges for them!), and she made the jungle-animals cake that we all enjoyed.

I am grateful to have spent the last 4 years working with such nice ladies, and I am blown away by their generosity and kindness!

No comments: