Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crosby Thanksgiving and Christmas

David and I usually spend our Thanksgiving with his family (and always have a wonderful time!), but this year plans changed.  We found out that Howie's family was going to be in Delaware (visiting Hannah's family) during the week of Thanksgiving, and Alenna's family decided to join us in NJ so they would be close enough to meet Howie's new son, Gavin.  When Dad found out that 3 of his "kids" were going to be in one area, he and Gene decided to drive up from NC. 


Dad and Gene.
This was the first time I'd ever hosted a Thanksgiving, so I was a bit overwhelmed that so many people were attending!  But Alenna offered to help me with the entire meal, so it turned out to be nowhere near as stressful as I had envisioned.  The guys helped out too by frying the turkey out in our garage.  Everything turned out great, and we all enjoyed the company and the food!

Dad and Howie "supervising" the frying turkey.

Our delicious dinner!

Dan and David... relaxing after our big meal.

Howie didn't get too far with carrying this heavy load!
 
Howie, Hannah, Ellie and Gavin
 
Sophie was tired after our long day... so Cora laid down to keep her company!

Dan, Alenna, Aiden, Seth and Cora
We knew that we wouldn't all be together again this year, so we decided to get together on Saturday morning to give gifts to the kids and celebrate Christmas together.  The kids were told that they would get to open gifts from youngest to oldest, and I assumed that Gavin would have the first turn.  But then Hannah told me that our baby had gifts too!
David opening a gift for our baby.

Me with Seth and Aiden.

Ellie opening one of her gifts.
  
Aiden with one of his gifts.
 
Cora shows off a Christmas dress that David and I gave to her.
It's been 10 years since I was with my father, sister and brother for Thanksgiving, and it was wonderful to be together for a few days last week.  Now that I've hosted my first Thanksgiving, I won't be intimidated if my family joins us again.  In fact, I hope we don't let another 10 years go by before we do it again!

No comments: