Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Camping Adventures

David and I took Audra camping last week!  We went to Sugar Creek Glen in Dansville, NY on Saturday, 7/28 (the day Audra turned 6-months-old!), and stayed in a cabin for 3 nights. 

Due to a faulty GPS, we arrived at the campground around 7pm, an hour later than we had planned.  Audra was fussy after a day of traveling, so David and I decided to put her to bed soon after we arrived and have granola for dinner instead of having David go back into town to get some groceries.  Then there was a knock on the cabin door and our neighbors stopped by with a plate full of food!  They offered us 4 chicken breasts that had cooked all day in a smoker and 4 bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers!  (Apparently it was a big group that had been staying at the campground together and they were leaving on Sunday morning, but no one wanted to take food home with them.)  David and I were blessed by their generosity and very thankful for our delicious dinner!

Monday afternoon, after Audra took a great nap, I put her in the Kozy Carrier and the 3 of us went for a walk through Sugar Creek.  It was a perfect time of year to go hiking there, since the water level was low enough to make it an easy walk but there was still enough water to get our feet and legs wet to stay cool!



David did some more adventuresome climbing of the rocks and, at the end of our hike, jumped into one of the swimming holes. 

Audra enjoyed looking around at all the new surroundings, but after a while she put her head down and napped while David and I continued to hike.

I was so happy that we had found such a great campground to visit!  We enjoyed our time there and hope to go back when Audra is old enough to walk through the creek herself.


No comments: