The previous Monday and Tuesday were rough. As in cranky-baby-who-is-on-strike-from-napping rough. As in fussy-baby and worried mama wondering what happened to my sweet, happy Audra? That kind of rough. Monday the longest nap Audra took was a half hour. And in between those cat naps, Audra wanted my attention. My full attention. You'd think that after such short naps Audra would have slept well that night... but somehow she managed to continue her crankyfest until 10:45pm. Tuesday Audra seemed to be in a better mood, though she didn't nap much. I had planned to get my hair cut and had a dentist appointment also, so my mother-in-law was watching her for part of the day. I really appreciated having Mom Cundey watch Audra! I was exhausted from my previous day! (Later in the afternoon she did get one 1 1/2 hour nap, but that's only because I put her in my Kozy Carrier while I got dinner ready.)
Thankfully Audra, the happy Audra, seems to be back on track yesterday and today! In fact, I'd say that her napping was the best it has ever been. Wednesday she napped from 8:30-9:30am, from 11am-1:30pm and then again from 3:30-5pm. Today she slept in until 8:30am, then napped from 10-10:30am, 11:50am-2:10pm, and also had a couple cat naps (each less than 20 minutes) while I carried her in the Kozy both at the grocery store and around the house. What a relief to have Audra napping so well. She's also been sleeping better at night... falling asleep between 7-8pm and only waking twice each night to briefly eat.
Audra will be 10 weeks old in a couple days, and I figure it's still a little early to be hoping that she'll consistently follow any type of schedule. However, I'm starting to keep track of her natural wake/sleep patterns to figure out what type of schedule will work best for us. To be honest, I had hoped to keep her awake until at least 8pm each night since David's work hours are so unpredictable. Especially as we head into the busy summer season, I know it's possible that David won't be able to see her at awake at all when he frequently leaves the house at 6am and doesn't get home until 8 or 9pm. But it looks like Audra's natural tendency is to be an early bird instead of a night owl, so I probably won't try to fight her on this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment