Audra and I took a trip to NY this week! We started the trip with a stop at my sister's house in Big Flats. Audra got to meet her cousins, Aiden and Seth, and her Uncle Dan on Monday night.
Sophie enjoyed her time with the Loucks also!
Tuesday afternoon Audra, Sophie and I headed to Walworth, the town where I was raised, to visit with my friend, Holli Casanzio, and her mother, Jane. I was so excited to meet Holli's son, Matthew, who was born at the beginning of November 2011!
Tuesday night I was able to see one of my best friends, Carla Brackman, along with her husband and sons. Audra slept at a restaurant while Carla and I ate our dinners, then we hung out at her house for a while.
On Tuesday night, Audra, Sophie and I stayed with my sister's in-laws, Dave and Suzanne Loucks, in the town of Marion. I don't remember exactly when I started calling them "Mom" and "Dad" Loucks, but they have treated me like I'm part of their family since Alenna married their son in 2004 and I'm so glad that I can call them that!
I was especially thankful for the Loucks help in watching Sophie while I visited a few friends. They are very familiar with Boxers (they've had a couple themselves), so they understood Sophie's puppy-like playfulness. And it was hilarious to see their 13-year-old, less-than-15-pound Boston Terrier put Sophie in her place!
Wednesday morning I visited with my dear friend, Dee, who has been an important mom-like figure to me since I was 10 years old. Even though many miles separate us, and I don't get to see her very often, I am so happy that Audra got to meet her "Grandma Dee"! I hope and pray that Audra will have many more opportunities to get to know this wonderful, godly woman.
Wednesday afternoon Audra, Sophie and I went to the home of my previous co-worker, Kathy Smeatin, and her husband, Howie. Sophie played in the yard with Howie, and Audra was a perfect guest while we enjoyed hanging out with Kathy. I had a delicious dinner with them, then headed back to Alenna's house.
After all this traveling, Audra was pretty tired on Thursday, when we drove back home to NJ!! The last 100 miles of the trip took much longer than expected because I stopped a few times for Audra. By this time she seemed pretty sick of her carseat... and I don't blame her! But, all in all, it was a great trip, and I'm so glad that we were able to do this!










1 comment:
So when are you coming back up...you forgot to visit ME!
Post a Comment