Today is the first day of my maternity leave! I decided to end work on a Wednesday so that I could attend a local Le Leche League meeting this morning. Since I plan to breastfeed I wanted to find some local mothers who could be my support group if I have any issues, and I was very pleased with the LLL leader that I met today.
Yesterday, my last day of work, was a little bittersweet. I have a great boss, and I've really enjoyed working with him (and the rest of our group) for the past 4 years. I've told him that my plan is to be a stay-at-home-mom after my maternity leave is over, but he still tells me that until I turn in my resignation he isn't going to consider this a permanent leave. I doubt I'll change my mind in the next 6-8 weeks, but I'm disappointed with the lady that is currently working as my replacement and it's sad to imagine 4 years of my hard work going down the drain. I have to remind myself that the situation is out of my hands and that (pretty soon!) I will have much more important things to think about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment