But we didn't.
After church David and I got on the motorcycle and took an afternoon drive out to Lancaster County in Pennsylvania. It was 75 degrees and sunny. We couldn't have asked for better weather!
David had surprised me yesterday with a Harley-Davidson leather jacket. It stays cool on the bike, even during warm weather, so I was happy to try it out on the ride today.

I had done some research of the area we were driving through, and I found a route that lead us to 4 covered bridges. The first bridge we came to was Mercer's Mill Covered Bridge, built in 1880.
Driving around on the country rounds provided us with views of many animals - sheep, cows, chickens, goats and horses. Also, due to the warm weather we've experienced lately, flowers and trees are in bloom all over the place! (Does anybody know what kind of flowers are on that hillside?)
The second bridge we came to was Pine Grove Covered Bridge. It's the only double-span, double-arch bridge in use in Lancaster County.
5 miles down the road was another bridge, White Rock Forge Covered Bridge. Here we were able to walk underneath the bridge and next to the river.
There were many Amish buggies on the roads today.
The last bridge we came to was Jackson's Sawmill Covered Bridge. The original bridge was washed away by a flood in the 1980's, so it's replacement is younger than me!
We walked across this bridge and looked at the view of the river from the window.
After our bridge tour, we headed into the quaint town of Strasburg, PA for a stromboli dinner.At the end of the day I was reminded of the Brad Paisley song, Time Well Wasted. Verse 2 says
"It was time well wasted and there's no way I'd trade a few more things that I could've crossed off my list for a day I'll never forget. No, I didn't get a thing done but I sure soaked up every minute of the memory we were makin' and I count it all as time well wasted."
That's how I feel about today. It was a perfect 31st birthday!
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a wonderful day yesterday! Sounds like it was definitely time well SPENT!
Sounds like a great day! Great pics too. The flowers - hard to tell from so far, but they might be creeping phlox. They're beautiful in gardens and are blooming here already!
Happy birthday my friend!
Post a Comment