Saturday, May 31, 2014

What We've Been Doing

The second half of May passed in a blur with many days spent outside as the weather got warm.  Some of the things we were busy doing include...

... going to the community pool on Memorial Day (as guests of our neighbors).  Audra loved being in the pool and stayed in for hours, despite the fact that her teeth were chattering.

... finding a small turtle (about the same length as Audra's foot) in our neighbors driveway.  Even though he would hide in his shell anytime we got close to him, watching him kept Audra entertained for almost 45 minutes.  She is definitely interested in all types of animals!

... buying some cloth diapers!  There are many reasons why I dislike the idea of disposable diapers (thousands of diapers into our landfills per each child, the chemicals that touch our children, thus seeping into their skin, to name the top reasons), but, I'll admit, I was a bit too lazy to check into cloth diapering Audra.  But I finally decided to make cloth diapering more of a priority.  I bought 12 used, but in excellent condition, off craigslist and have been slowing learning the ropes.  (I realize 12 diapers are going to get dirty very quickly, but I didn't want to spend tons of money on lots of cloth diapers until I was absolutely sure that this is for us.)

... getting lots of smiles from this growing little man!  We had almost 4 weeks of an almost-daily cranky baby, complete with hours of crying.  But it seems as though we've gotten over the worst of it, and Elijah is turning into a happy boy.  Especially when he's well rested and recently fed.

... taking walks at local places in the area.

... working in our vegetable garden beds.  This year David planted peas, zucchini, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and cantaloupe.

Hope you've had lots of time to get outside and enjoy the spring weather, too!

No comments: