But there are more days when I relish the everyday moments that I am experiencing with Audra, and the things that I am learning about her.
I know which toys she likes most.
I know that she prefers to suck on her pointer and middle fingers, instead of her thumbs.
I know the look of concentration that she gets when she's trying to grab a toy.
I know ways to make her smile... and what a sweet smile it is!
I that she is happier in the mornings than she is in the afternoon or evening.
I know what the sound of her (newly formed) laugh sounds like.
I know when her fussiness means she's hungry, tired or just wants to be held.
I know how she lights up when she spends time with her Daddy.
I know that she enjoys being outside, even when it's hot and humid.
I know that even when she is cranky, she settles down and relaxes when she gets a bath.
The list could go on and on with other, seemingly mundane, clips of our life together. Yet as each experience builds upon another, a personality is emerging. Audra is becoming the girl she will be, and I find myself staring in wonder as she grows and changes. And when that happens I find myself thanking God and David that I am able to be a constant spectator to these everyday moments.
This is the best job EVER!

1 comment:
Happy 1st mother's day Al! I sent you a text that day, but the next day it was returned to me saying that # I used wasn't a cell phone. I was thinking of you though.
Post a Comment