Saturday, June 18, 2011

Maryland's Eastern Shore

Today I took a drive to Easton, Maryland to visit my friend, Karen. The Eatern Shore of Maryland, where she lives, has an abundance of old towns, complete with brick sidewalks, mom & pop restaurants and cute stores. We only ventured about 20 minutes from Karen's apartment, but I had a wonderful time getting acquainted with the local area.


We spent part of the afternoon in Oxford and rode the Oxford-Bellevue Ferry while we were there. This ferry was established in 1683 and is believed to be the oldest privately operated ferry service in the country.


Karen taught me how to tell the age of an oyster. (It involves cutting the shell, so she only explained the process.)

Later we drove to St Michaels and sat outside at Ava's Restaurant for our pizza dinner. (I got the specialty pizza... spinach and meatballs. Yum!)





No comments: