So I have to admit I was a little doubtful about how all the money we spent on new windows and siding could save us money. Sure I knew that we would be losing less heat in the winter and AC in the summer, but I imagined that we wouldn't notice much of a difference in the bills.
I WAS WRONG!
This summer was officially recorded as the hottest summer Philadelphia has ever seen (along with much of the East Coast), so we're really not being fair to compare it to the mild summer we had last year. However, despite a much hotter summer we've still saved over $160 in 4 months of electric bills!
David was right. These home renovations will pay for themselves in a few years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We have saved a bunch this summer in our electric bills too... and that was just with adding to the only 6" of insulation in the attic and bringing it up to code! I would love to replace our windows sometime down the road too. I love how yours looks now!
Post a Comment