Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Lessons From Sophie

Ok, I'll admit it... it's been a rough week getting used to Sophie! I've never had a puppy before and was only slightly prepared for the change we were making in our lifestyle. I'd read so many books before we brought her home, but somehow the challenge of it all didn't penetrate my brain.

But... things are getting better!

Some of the lessons I've learned since buying Sophie include:
* whining usually means she needs to go potty (in approximately 2.3 seconds)
* it is possible for her to go potty 3 times in 10 minutes
* to her, everything looks like a tempting chew toy (including my kitchen cabinets)
* there are no strangers, only friends she hasn't yet met
* mushrooms (growing beneath her favorite tree) can be a scary enough thing to cause her to bark
AND
* even though she can be frustrating, she brings laughter into every day!

It seems as though Sophie's goal in life is to become a lap dog.

1 comment:

Dan and Alenna said...

She's so cute as a lap dog though! I can't wait for the kids to get to see her again in a few weeks!