I went to work early on Wednesday morning... crazy early! I was there by 6:30am! When my boss got to work I asked him if I could leave at 12:30pm, and thankfully he had no problem with that. David's mother, sister and nephew are staying in a condo one block from the beach in Atlantic City, and I drove there after work.
The rest of the day was wonderful! I went to the beach with Marney and Julian (my sister-in-law and nephew) and the cool breezes off the ocean made the weather feel nice. (It was 100 degrees at my house, but probably only in the low 90's by the ocean.) After dinner we went walking on the Boardwalk to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream, then just hung out at the condo for the rest of the evening.
I spent Wednesday night with them and commuted 1 hour and 15 minutes to work on Thursday morning. I worked a long day on Thursday to make up the time that I had missed from work, but it was worth it!
I'm thankful for inlaws that I enjoy being with and who truly accept me! I couldn't ask for a better family to be a part of.
Julian splashing in the waves.

1 comment:
I'm so glad you got to have a beach day too! (Hopefully the burn has faded by now though!)
Post a Comment