There were 12 of us packed into the plane, including the pilot. A 19-year-old student did a hop-n-pop (hop out of the plane and pop your parachute almost immediately) at 4,000 ft. It was a clear, beautiful day, so David and I decided when we got to the drop zone to pay an extra $10 per person for the "extra high" jump with 20-30 seconds more of freefall. So we were at almost 14,000 feet when we left the plane!
David and his jump master, Brian.
That's me in freefall over the Pennsylvania countryside! The runway at the skydive center is to my right.
Me with my jump master, Chris. Chris is from Australia and has been skydiving for 6 years. The past 3 summers he's come to Skydive Philadelphia to be an instructor. He even let me steer the parachute for a while!
This was an amazing experience! It's hard to come close to describing the freefall... it's not at all what I thought it would be. There was no sense of speed or falling and there wasn't the leave-your-stomach-behind feeling like you get on a rollercoaster. It was just like floating... with a lot of wind rushing at you!
I hope to go again some day! And I would definitely recommend to anyone!
--------------------------------------------------------------------"If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming. If you want to experience the element, get out of the vehicle." - a great quote from The Skydiver's Handbook, by Dan Poynter & Mike Turoff
1 comment:
Of course I am so jealous of you... I definitely want to do this someday too!
Post a Comment